Olivem 1000 / OliveMulse
INCI: Cetearyl Olivate (and) Sorbitan Olivate
Olivem 1000 is a self-emulsifying, PEG-free non-ionic oil-in-water emulsifier developed from natural olive chemistry. It is a powerful emulsifier and thickener which is compatible with a wide variety of cosmetic and active ingredients over a wide pH range (3 to 12).
Safe and clinically tested to be hypoallergenic, it provides creams with an excellent spreadability with no soapy effect.
- Day and night creams
- Face cleansers and deep hydrating emulsions
- Face and eye-contour creams
- Hypoallergenic tested creams
- Make-up: mascara, creamy foundations and eye-liners
- Sun-screen and after-sun products
- Baby care products
- Hair conditioning creams
- Self tanning products
While an HLB value has been provided to us by the manufacturer, Olivem 1000’s chemistry does not really work based on the HLB system. It’s emulsification mechanism is based on liquid crystal formation and therefore the HLB value is not so critical for this self-emulsifier.
Typical usage rate as a sole emulsifier:
- Low Viscosity (serums and lotions): 1.5 – 3%
- High Viscosity (lotions and creams): 3 – 8%
Appearance: Off White Flakes
Solubility: Soluble in oil
SAP Value: 90-120
pH (sol 15%): 5-7